- 30-40% of women experience some degree of urinary leakage during
- Premature Rupture of Membranes (PROM), occurs in 5-10% of
- Amniotic fluid leakage is a major stress to pre-term pregnant women.
- Over 20% of pregnant women report to hospital because of wetness. 50% are
sent home as the wetness was due to urine.
- AmnioSense™ is already marketed in the Canada, Israel, Europe, South Africa,
Australia, New Zealand and the Far East.
What is AmnioSense™
- AmnioSense™ is the only non-invasive monitoring test for amniotic fluid leaks.
- AmnioSense™ diagnostic panty liner is designed to detect small volumes of
amniotic fluid when wetness is sensed and differentiate it from urine (one
diagnostic liner can be worn for up to 12 hours).
- AmnioSense™ is targeted at pregnancies in the last trimester, especially for
first time pregnancies, high risk pregnancies with a history of miscarriage
and post amniocentesis.
References: 1. Netmums poll conducted by Chartered of Physiotherapy and Royal College of Midwives
(RCM). 2. Bornstein J, Geva A, Solt I et al. Non intrusive Diagnosis of Premature Ruptured Amniotic Membranes Using a Novel Polymer. Am J Perinatol 2006;23:1-4.
What do users say?
AmnioSense™ is new to the UK but has been sold in several countries for some time.
Due to the Covid-19 Virus, AmnioSense™ is not available for purchase online.